Age, flavor and taste what else does a person want in rum. That is why Villa Antigua offers Zacapa rum to guests. This is a Guatemalan product we are proud to serve. Either on the rocks, or with a twist of Lemon. No limes grow in Guatemala.
It is made using the concentrated first pressing sugar cane juice, which is called virgin sugar cane honey, rather than [molasses]] and is aged and blended using a unique aging system based on the solera method traditionally used for sherries. This process is overseen by master blender Lorena Vazquez. The company claims that part of their success lies in the fact that the barrels are stored 2,300 meters above sea level in an aging facility situated below the upper slopes of the mountains and volcanoes of Guatemala, where the temperature is an average of 62 degrees Fahrenheit.
Early Zacapa bottles came in a bottle covered in a petate – a handwoven matting made from palm leaves which dates from the Mayan period. More recently they feature a band around the middle of the bottle.
The rum has won awards from different international competitions and is the first rum to be included in the International Rum Festival’s Hall of Fame.The Beverage Testing Institute has given Zacapa a 95 point rating.
- Zacapa 15 – A premium rum aged between 5 and 15 years. 40% Alc by Vol
- Zacapa 23 – A premium rum aged between 6 and 23 years. 40% Alc by Vol
- Zacapa 23 Black Label – A premium rum aged between 6 and 23 years. 40% Alc by Vol
- Zacapa 23 Straight from the Cask – A premium rum aged between 6 and 23 years. 45% Alc by Vol
- Zacapa XO – A super premium rum aged between 6 and 25 years. 40% Alc by Vol